Note: During “Open” play, the pickleball courts are available to ALL FOS residents (i.e.,
a player during this time does not have to be a member of the FOS Pickleball Club).
You do NOT need to sign up ahead of time for “Open” play. During “Open” play,
the courts are open to ALL skill levels. Just show up and have fun.
Everybody should follow the guidelines listed below to provide the opportunity for all
players to maximize their time on the court. We encourage players to meet new people,
introduce themselves and mix up play when possible.
When Players are Waiting to Play and Courts are Full
• Paddles must always be placed at the end of the line. Waiting players should
line up paddles in groups of four to determine who is next to play. Stacking
paddles is permitted during “Open” play. See “Stacking Paddles” below.
• Four players should play a game to 11 points and then vacate the court.
• If four or more new players are waiting, all players should relinquish the court
for four new players and continue the process.
• When only two players are waiting, a 2-on/2-off scenario can be used.
• Next-up players should be ready to enter the open court as a group.
When Players ARE NOT Waiting to Play and there are Available Empty Courts
• Four players should play a game to 11 points.
• If no other players are waiting to play, the same four players may continue to
play another game.
• If new waiting players are present, the waiting players have priority for court
• During heavy player “traffic” times, please suspend “win by two” scoring and
implement “first team to 11” scoring.
If stacking paddles, paddles must always be placed at the end of the line. You may put
your paddles down as a single paddle, two stacked paddles or four stacked paddles.
Two stacked indicated you want to play partners with the other paddle owner, while four
stacked paddles indicate four players who wish to play together.